Saturday, September 20, 2008

On the running side of things...

I'm fighting aches and pains. I have missed a run already this week. I have a 10-miler scheduled for tonight or tomorrow morning. It will be my first 10 mile run, and I'm pretty anxious to get over it, but I've got pain in my feet, my shins and my knees.

In addition, my iPod and Nike+ receiver got wet this morning in a sudden downpour, and my iPod is not recognizing that the receiver is plugged into it. The rest of the iPod functions, so it must be the receiver that is not working. I guess I CAN run 10 miles without it, but I'd prefer not to have to do that. It's currently sitting on my kitchen counter drying. I'm hoping that by tonight it will be dry enough to work. If not, I'll be making a trip to the store tonight for a run in the morning.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Pat said...

congrats on becoming a blogger. If you haven't ready anyone elses blogs on running, I suggest you visit mine and look at my blogroll. It is full of interesting stories and all of them will visit your blog if you leave a comment. They're a great bunch of runners.

I saw you on runners world online and thought I'd visit your blog.

Good luck in the marathon. It's a great experience.